Our office is still open as an essential business for
Patients who need in-office visits. Patients will receive an
office voicemail or text as proof of traveling to their essential
medical appointment.We require patients to bring their
own mask for everyone's safety and to call ahead of time if they are
having cold-symptoms.We are also offering TeleHealth Virtual
Visit for patients with qualifying symptoms.
Welcome to Athens Gastroenterology Center,.
the office of Gregory S. Smith, M.D. specializing in Motility & Digestive Diseases (G.I.), Hepatology/ Liver Disease, Endoscopy Procedures, and Investigative Gastroenterology - taking the time to thoroughly investigate your G.I. Health until your “case” is solved.
The best way to describe Dr. Smith’s Investigative Gastroenterology is: Never giving up on the patient until the patient gives up. If anyone can get to the bottom of your digestive mystery, it’s Dr. Smith! So don’t write off your G.I. problems as a cold case or lost cause. No matter what your G.I. mystery is, stick with Dr. Gregory Smith and he will take the time to thoroughly investigate your G.I. Health until your “case” is solved.
Our center of excellence also provides a Joint Commission certified Ambulatory Surgical Center for endoscopy. For more information on our endoscopy suite, click on Athens Endoscopy, L.L.C.
Why Choose Us?
What makes us different? Not only do we continuously advance our knowledge and medical technology, we are also committed to providing the most comprehensive, personalized, and highest standard of care possible.
We understand how nervous our patients may be when they come in to receive medical care. With Medical Providers and staff who truly care, you will find tranquility and build trust in the warm atmosphere we provide.
In addition to rendering excellent patient health care we are dedicated to giving you the best customer experience. Our office is designed for your comfort while you receive exceptional customer service from our friendly staff. We are always looking for new ways to improve our patient’s service and comfort. We encourage our patients to make suggestions.
Athens Gastroenterology Center is empowering patients to live their best life by providing compassionate and quality digestive care thru scientific knowledge and technological advances. We urge you to ask questions during your visit. Our primary goal is to make sure you feel better educated about your health when you leave than when you came in for your appointment. As always, we do everything we can to better serve your needs in the most efficient and professional manner.
For more information regarding our office and Medical Providers, click on About Us. Be sure to take a Virtual Tour of Athens Gastroenterology Center, P.C. & Athens Endoscopy, L.L.C. Athens Endoscopy,LLC is accredited by American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities Inc. AAAASF is known as the Gold Standard in Accreditation, with patient safety being it's sole mission.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS:
To reduce your risk of spreading infection,
remember to wash your hands frequently with soap and warm
1. ANYONE who has flu-like symptoms, a cold, fever, cough, sneezing, experiencing difficulty breathing, or believe they may have the CoronaVirus or have been in contact with someone who has these symptoms will need to reschedule their office visit. You may also request a TeleVisit (virtual office visit).
2. ANYONE who has traveled out of state or country or someone they have been in contact with someone who has will need to reschedule their office visit. You may also request a TeleVisit (virtual office visit).
3. Please bring your own mask to your appointment. Please have anyone who must be with you during your appointment bring their own mask also. We require patients and their family member or caregiver to put their mask on before entering the building per our accreditation organization regulations.
4. Arrive on time or not more than 10 minutes early for your appointment to reduce the amount of time you are in the lobby with other patients.
5. Please come alone if possible to reduce the number of people in our lobby and promote social distancing of 6 feet, per CDC recommendations at this time. We will require family members to come back for the patient or wait in their vehicle instead of our lobby. This is for their safety as well as those in the waiting room. If you are disabled and need your caregiver or relative to assist you, please limit to one person who accompanies you to the exam room. Anyone with you will also be required to wear a mask.
6. Upon arrival please sanitize or wash your hands. We will be happy to check you in once this safety step has been taken.
Our Office continues to use our standard of care within CDC recommendations:
1. Pre-screen process prior to visit
2. Increased hand sanitizer stations
3. Education and awareness extended to all team members on standard personal preventative measures, using sanitizing/disinfecting products, etc.
4. We are also utilizing our communication channels which include pink notes, email and text
5. To convey prevention practices. We are taking every precautionary measure to ensure the safety of our team, our patients and our community.
Our office is committed to maintaining a safe environment for both our employees and our patients, within reasonable measures, while delivering the best medical care possible. We want to thank you for the trust you have placed in our Providers and Staff and appreciate your understanding and patience in taking these safety measures we have put into place.
We sincerely ask that you please take reasonable precautions to keep yourself, your loved ones and your community safe. If you have any questions about your visit, or about scheduling an appointment, please call us at 706-548-0058.
We wish you and your loved ones the best of health and you are all in prayers as we get through this tribulation.
The Providers and Staff at Athens Gastroenterology Center, PC & Athens Endoscopy, LLC
We invite you to view the following websites for additional information: